Saturday, February 18, 2006

Driving Across the Bay

I had planned a last long run across the San Francisco Bay, preparing for the Napa Marathon on March 5. A dramatic route, over the Dumbarton Bridge, from Palo Alto to Fremont.

Slipped on a wet and muddy sidewalk, and wrenched my knee! My good doctor suspected a ligament tear, and asked for an MRI. I drive across the Bay to the Fremont Center for my MRI. 7 am. Sunrise - just the time I had planned for my run across Dumbarton! A beautiful morning. Clear skies, and a crisp sunrise over the hills. To see this from my car - I am close to weeping.

The knee is healing, and I hope to be running again, soon. There will be another marathon, sometime! More importantly - I'll still run across the Bay, at sunrise, some other equally beautiful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home